0Shares0000Team Manager Wangila Simiyu with Kenya Simbas team lifting Elgon Cup after beating Uganda.PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, Feb 14 – The national 15s team dropped two places to sit 24th in the latest rankings released by World Rugby.The Kenya Simbas, whose last assignment was the 34-10 win over Hong Kong in August last year at Nairobi’s RFUEA Grounds, have 59.28 points. The Jerome Paawarter’s side was overhauled by Germany who climbed to 22nd on 60.73 points courtesy of a shock 41-38 win over Romania in Rugby Europe Championship action on Saturday.World Champions New Zealand remains top of the global rankings with 94.78 points while South Africa are placed sixth to top the African continent followed by 19th ranked Namibia.Zimbabwe (37th), Senegal (39th) and Uganda (43rd) round off the top five continental teams.The Simbas do have an opportunity to improve on their rankings when they play Uganda in Elgon Cup first leg in Kampala on June 10 before meeting the Rugby Cranes in the return fixture a fortnight later, a clash that also marks the start of the Africa Cup where fixtures against Tunisia, Senegal, Zimbabwe and Namibia are also lined up.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
0Shares0000Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe has caught the eye with a string of outstanding performances © AFP/File / FRANCK FIFEMADRID, Spain, May 5 – Zinedine Zidane hailed Kylian Mbappe’s “exceptional” breakout season on Friday as speculation mounted that the Monaco starlet has set his heart on a move to Real Madrid.Friday’s edition of the Madrid sports daily Marca said that the 18-year-old Mbappe has indicated his desire to join the reigning European champions. Asked about speculation linking Mbappe to Europe’s biggest clubs, Zidane said that fellow Frenchman Mbappe had once very nearly joined the Real youth academy.“He almost signed at Real Madrid (when he was younger), it did not happen,” said the Real coach.“He is a player who is showing all his qualities and is having an exceptional season,” Zidane told a press conference, declining to elaborate so as not to add to the rumours about the youngster’s future.“Even though I have an opinion, it’s never very good to talk about players who are not my players.”Marca did not name its sources but said there had been contact between Real and people close to Mbappe, who has been compared to Thierry Henry at the same age and has hit 14 league goals this term for Monaco.If the forward does leave Monaco this summer there will be a scramble for his services and suggestions he could command a fee of above 100 million euros ($109 million).0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
CALGARY, A.B. — Birchcliff Energy Ltd. and AltaGas Ltd. made a joint announcement Tuesday, saying they have entered into a long-term natural gas processing arrangement at AltaGas’ deep-cut sour gas processing facility in Gordondale.The new arrangement, which will last for at least 15 years, will go into effect retroactive to January 1st, 2018 and will replace existing processing arrangements at the facility. Under the Processing Arrangement, Birchcliff is being provided with up to 120 million cubic feet per day of processing on a firm-service basis, with a take-or-pay obligation of 100 million cubic feet per day.“This new arrangement with AltaGas provides long-term natural gas processing and will reduce our fees at the Gordondale Facility,” said Birchcliff President and CEO Jeff Tonken. “An added benefit of this arrangement for Birchcliff is that we will not have to incur significant capital to build our own deep-cut facility at Birchcliff’s natural gas processing plant in Pouce Coupe, Alberta. We had previously commenced the planning and initial work to further expand the processing capacity of our Pouce Coupe gas plant by 150 MMcf/d to 490 MMcf/d (Phase VII) and by 100 MMcf/d to 590 MMcf/d (Phase VIII). In light of this new processing arrangement, we currently have no plans to proceed with Phases VII or VIII.”- Advertisement -“The new arrangement with Birchcliff is a significant win for both parties,” said David Harris, President and Chief Executive Officer of AltaGas. “The Processing Arrangement allows us to maximize the long-term value and returns from the Gordondale Facility, which is one of our key assets. The agreement fills the existing capacity at the Gordondale Facility and significantly enhances the potential to flow third-party volumes through the facility and to grow those volumes, allowing us to eventually optimize the facility and bring the operating capacity up to 150 MMcf/d, while providing lower fees for Birchcliff. The long-term commitment from Birchcliff, potential for third-party volumes and the strategic proximity of this asset to the liquid-rich Montney fairway further strengthens our plans around the future expansion of the Gordondale Facility. In addition, AltaGas will also benefit from growing propane volumes which will be dedicated to our Ridley Island Propane Export Terminal as part of the commercial arrangements.”
Manchester City were exceptional against Bournemouth 1 This weekend’s Premier League action started with a bang as Liverpool beat Chelsea 2-1 on Friday night but its business as usual for Saturday 3pm kick-offs…Hull City 1-4 ArsenalAlex Iwobi starred for the Gunners once again after a dazzling midweek performance against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League. Theo Walcott’s cross was palmed away by Eldin Jakupovic but Iwobi was on hand to smash the ball into the net via an Alexis Sanchez deflection.Arsenal had the chance to double their lead from the spot after Francis Coquelin’s shot was blocked by Jake Livermore – who was sent off for deliberate handball. However, Jakupovic saved Sanchez’s spotkick after diving low to his right.The Gunners eventually scored their second goal of the game as Iwobi and Walcott combined. Iwobi’s clever back-heel sent Walcott through before the winger fired into the net via the head of Harry Maguire.Robert Snodgrass pulled one back for the Tigers from the penalty spot but further goals from Alexis Sanchez and Granit Xhaka put the gloss on a polished Arsenal performance.West Bromich Albion 4-2 West HamNacer Chadli opened his account for the Baggies after a calamitous piece of defending from Arthur Masuaku gifted the home side a penalty. The Hammers fullback stuck out his arm and was duly punished as Chadli calmly slotted his penalty past Adrian in goal.Slaven Bilic would have been tempted to tear out his new hair following more sloppy defending from his Hammers defenders. Angelo Ogbonna’s poor clearance was seized upon by Nacer Chadli who found Salomon Rondon, before the Venezuelan expertly arrowed the ball into the far corner of the net.James McClean put the Baggies 3-0 ahead just before half-time as he steered home Chadli’s goal-bound effort. West Brom scored their fourth when Rondon and Chadli raced away in tandem before the latter eventually tapped the ball home from close range.West Ham scored two goals in the space of four minutes just past the hour mark to threaten a miraculous comeback. Dimitri Payet crossed for Michail Antonio to head past Foster in goal before Manuel Lanzini scored from the spot after Payet was hauled down by Brendan Galloway.However, the Baggies held out to secure all three points and move into the top half of the Premier League table.Manchester City 4-0 AFC BournemouthManchester City maintained their perfect start to the season after a dazzling display against the Cherries. Should Pep Guardiola’s side go on to win the Premier League, they will become only the second club to achieve the feat after winning their first five league games.Kevin De Bruyne continued his impressive form when he put City ahead with a cheeky free-kick. The Belgian opted to slot his set-piece under the Bournemouth wall to leave Artur Boruc helpless.The Citizens doubled their lead following a fantastic counter-attack. Nolito delivered a splendid pass to De Bruyne, who released Raheem Sterling before teeing up Kelechi Iheanacho.Manchester City ended any chance of a Bournemouth revival minutes into the second half as Sterling scored City’s third. De Bruyne was involved once again as he set Iheanacho free, before the Nigerian squared for Sterling to score.Further brilliance from De Bruyne saw Ilkay Gundogan put through on goal and the German made no mistake, as he sent Boruc the wrong way with a cool finish. However, City were reduced to 10 men late on, when Nolito was sent off for a clash with Adam Smith.Leicester City 3-0 BurnleyLeicester followed up their Champions League win over Club Brugge with a comfortable victory against a disappointing Burnley.The Foxes took the lead on the stroke of half-time thanks to Premier League debutant Islam Slimani. Christian Fuchs delivered a delicious in swinging free-kick which allowed Slimani to power a header home on what was an impressive first showing from the Algerian.Slimani grabbed his second minutes after the restart, following a scramble in the penalty area. Riyad Mahrez whipped in a cross from 30-yards out which Jamie Vardy tried to poke home, but the England international missed the ball, before Slimani could poke home from close range.The hosts scored their third goal of the day following good work from Riyad Mahrez, whose cross deflected off Ben Mee into the back of the defender’s own net.
1 Matteo Darmian in action for Manchester United Inter Milan have not given up hope of signing Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian.The Italian has found himself playing second fiddle to Antonio Valencia this season and it was thought he would be out the door in January.However, the right-back recently revealed that wasn’t the case and instead he may stay at Old Trafford.Inter Milan though, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, have not been put off by Darmian’s words and are still hoping to sign him.The Italian club are reportedly going to make their move in the January transfer window by proposing a loan move with an option to buy the 26-year-old permanently in the summer.As well as Inter Milan, Darmian has been linked with Barcelona, Juventus and Napoli.
Aguero has missed four games through suspension 1 Striker Sergio Aguero is ready for the challenge of Liverpool, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has warned.Top scorer Aguero has missed City’s last four games after being sent off for a wild tackle on Chelsea’s David Luiz earlier this month.During his enforced break – a second suspension of the season after being hit with a three-game ban in August – Aguero has spent some time resting back at home in Argentina.But now the 28-year-old is back and looking to add to his season’s 16-goal tally in Saturday’s eagerly-anticipated Premier League clash at title rivals Liverpool.“He is ready,” Guardiola said. “He came back good from Argentina – finally back after seven games banned, three games plus four – and we are happy he is back.”The New Year’s Eve clash at Anfield pits third-placed City against the side immediately above them. It will also be the first time Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp, two of the Premier League’s elite managers and rivals from spells in Germany, have faced each other in England.The anticipation is heightened as Liverpool are the competition’s highest scorers so far this season with 45 goals, while City’s 39 is the joint-second highest tally.Guardiola attended Liverpool’s 4-1 win over Stoke on Tuesday and rates the Reds as “contenders, definitely”.He added: “I was lucky to play against Jurgen Klopp. I think we know each other quite well and I saw Liverpool this year many times.“There are six teams fighting for the title, especially for the first four positions, for the Champions League qualification. I see the contenders as really tough teams. It will be a good fight until the end of the season.“I don’t know what will happen tomorrow. We have to equal their intensity, of course. Anfield will play a big role for them.”Defender John Stones could feature despite limping off during the first half of City’s hard-fought win at Hull on Boxing Day.“John is much, much better,” said Guardiola.The Spaniard, speaking at his pre-match press conference, dismissed reports linking City with a move for Real Madrid playmaker Isco.“I have no idea,” the former Barcelona boss said.
Share This!The next in the holiday movies is out this weekend and this time it’s Universal giving it a crack. The Grinch is out today. Will you be seeing this film in theaters?This week, learn how we can all easily help raise money for a deserving charity, see what Disney movie has been cancelled and which Universal movies are now in the works!In Case You Missed It – Disney and Universal Orlando News and RumorsIn celebration of Mickey’s birthday, if you share a photo of you wearing mouse ears on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the #ShareYourEars, Disney will donate $5 to Make-A-Wish! I’ve shared my photo on all three! Also, if you missed the 90th birthday special for Mickey, here it is for your viewing pleasure.This week, a woman left her newborn with a stranger at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.This is an interesting look at a trend that’s happening among us Millennials. We are really all in on the “experience economy“, especially in relation to theme park touring. What do you think about this idea?I have a fantastic deal for you! Head to the Coca-Cola Store Rooftop Beverage Bar at Disney Springs and purchase this refillable Coke bottle and you can get refills for $1! No word on how long this offer will last, but if you’ll be visiting soon, this may be something you want to look into.With the recent flop of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, we wonder why Disney keeps relying on live action remakes of their animated classics. (That’s sarcasm, by the way.) This article delves deeper into the fact that it really is the remake that’s king. What do you think? Why is it that the recent “original” live action Disney films have performed in a lackluster manner at the box office lately?Want to know who will be performing during the Walt Disney World holiday specials this year? The list is out! Who are you excited to see?Looks like there will be no Boba Fett film. Are you sad by this news?Looks like we’re getting more Shrek and Puss in Boots films.In Case We Missed ItWhat did we miss? Attach your ideas to a Mickey Mouse Rose Gold Ears Hat for Adults and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “In Case You Missed It” in the subject line.
In addition, the transaction provides the sellers of the company with a “put option” to sell their remaining 49% stake to Lonrho after three years, at a purchase price of a six times Fish On Line’s profit before tax for the 2014 financial year end, capped at a maximum of R35-million. Fish On Line is based in Cape Town, South Africa, and operates bulk cold storage and fish processing facilities. The company operates as a wholesaler of quality seafood and imports and exports a wide range of seafood to and from global markets. Lonrho, a conglomerate that operates in 17 sub-Saharan African countries, recently secured a secondary listing on the JSE’s AltX. Lonrho has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange, and has business dealings in agribusiness, infrastructure, transportation, hotels, and support services. London-based Lonrho has acquired a 51% stake in South African seafood wholesaler and distributer Fish On Line for R3.5-million. “The acquisition by Lonrho of Fish On Line strengthens Lonrho’s fish division and provides Lonrho further access to and knowledge of the global wholesale fish market,” said Lonrho executive chairman David Lenigas in a statement this week. “Fish On Line brings strong synergies with Lonrho’s current retail-focused activities in the sector both in the African and global markets.” SAinfo reporterWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material In the 12 months ended 28 February 2011, Fish On Line reported turnover of R66.4-million and profit before tax of R1.7-million. As at 28 February 2011, Fish On Line had gross assets of R24.4-million. Products handled by Fish On Line include prawns, salmon, pangasius, hake and kingklip. 17 June 2011 The existing management of Fish On Line will remain in place to develop and grow the company and to add depth to the management expertise available to Lonrho’s seafood division. Retaining existing management
Photo: Boeing American Airlines has extended Boeing 737 MAX flight cancellations until September 3 but says it remains confident the aircraft will be recertified soon.The US carrier in April canceled about 115 MAX flights per day until August 19 because of the worldwide grounding of the MAX fleet after two fatal crashes.It said the extension until September 3 was to allow customers and staff to more reliably plan upcoming travel.READ: Passengers urged not to let MAX problems undermine trust in aviation.“American Airlines remains confident that impending software updates to the Boeing 737 MAX, along with the new training elements Boeing is developing in coordination with our union partners, will lead to recertification of the aircraft soon,” it said.“We have been in continuous contact with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Department of Transportation (DOT), National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) and other regulatory authorities, and we are pleased with the progress to dateThe airline has been able to substitute other aircraft flights on some services previously scheduled on a MAX and says it is trying to minimize the impact on customers.American’s reservations team will contact customers still affected by the cancelations by email or telephone and passengers whose flights are canceled and who choose not to rebook are entitled to a refund.The extension is in keeping with comments late May by International Air Transport Association director general Alexandre de Juniac that he expected the grounding to last another 10 to 12 weeks.READ: IATA expects MAX groundings to last another 10 to 12 weeks.The FAA has not said when the MAX will be allowed to fly again and there has been some speculation it may not be until towards the end of the year.Airlines would prefer the recertification to be coordinated globally but worry this will not be the case.Differences between regulators have already emerged about training and several have indicated they may certify the plane themselves rather than follow the FAA’s lead.The FAA, as the regulator in the state where the aircraft was designed, is expected to go first with some other regulators tipped to follow their own procedures.De Juniac said IATA was urging regulators to have a comprehensive, consistent and credible approach and the same timeline if possible.“The alignment would be much better otherwise it will create discrepancies and … utterly useless disruptions,’’ he said, adding there needed to be “full transparency on what has been done” to restore passenger confidence about the aircraft’s safe return to service.
On April 19, @shrmnextchat chatted with @TimSackett about The Realities of Using a Modern TA Platform.In case you missed this fun and informative chat, you can see all the tweets here: [View the story “#Nextchat RECAP: The Realities of Using a Modern TA Platform” on Storify]