Sport EN, EFE The 29-year-old has joined on a three-and-a-half year deal from Celta Vigo. Augusto is not the only midfield arrival at the Vicente Valderon, with River Plate’s Matias Kranevitter also heading to the club this month. Upd. on 02/01/2016 at 00:16 CET New Atletico Madrid signing Augusto Fernandez trained with his new team-mates on Friday ahead of this weekend’s game against Levante – which he will not be registered in time for, as is the case with Aleix Vidal and Arda Turan. Augusto has spent the last four seasons with Celta, having previously played for River Plate, Velez Sarsfield and Saint-Etienne. “I’m not a person who settles for anything, I like to go for more and more every day. And I found myself in a situation where I could choose comfort, or I could take on this challenge and continue growing as a footballer. The two will help to cover for the loss of Tiago to injury, while also adding competition in the middle of the park. 01/01/2016 Simeone on Augusto: “He’s an important signing. He will give us more variety in the middle of the pitch and will add to the competition within the squad, which is what we want. After that, it’s better for competing with others.” Augusto on joining Atleti: “This situation wasn’t in my head. I was happy in Vigo and me and my partner always thought we would say there. But football has these things, sometime opportunities appear that you don’t expect – this opportunity is a blessing from God. “I chose the second option because I feel prepared for this challenge.”
Asked who was the best player in the world, Zidane said, among other things, that “Cristiano Ronaldo is the best. You can say a lot of things about Ronaldo, but in his heart he’s a good person.” Upd. at 11:54 He added: “Messi is the opposite to Ronaldo and that rivalry is good for football, it is what the people want to see.” Zidane recognised that he had “never thought about being one day a manager. Never. No-one expected this. Now I have a different pressure to when I was on the pitch and I could resolve things.” Sport EN Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has given an exclusive interview to ‘Record’ in Mexico. Among other things, he compared Barcelona star Lionel Messi to Real Madrid leader Cristiano Ronaldo. 10/02/2016 The French coach highlighted that he has a great crop of players to help him at Madrid: “I have a sensational team, I am really pleased with them. We prepared to win all our games – that’s the challenge at Real Madrid.” CET
Manuel Pellegrini says facing his former side, Real Madrid, is not going to be an extra-motivation for him. 15/04/2016 “It’s a difficult draw. It doesn’t matter who we had to play but the options to continue are the same. We expect to do a good game,” said Pellegrini. CEST Sport EN “Real know they must win titles every year. They are here in the semi-finals and still have a chance in La Liga.” The Manchester City manager was sacked from his role at Los Blancos back in 2010 and replaced by Jose Mourinho, after just one year in the job. Upd. at 21:59 “It’s not an extra motivation for me. The fans will enjoy us going further in the competition. It’s the biggest competition. Hopefully they will enjoy it more in the future than now.
“I see him with a lot of enthusiasm, but I don’t want to go further. This Friday I will talk with him by telephone to finish confirming the list. I have no doubt that Messi has the desire to return, but we will wait and see.” Bauza is selecting a squad for the games against Uruguay (September 2) and Venezuela (September 7). Lionel Messi’s return to the Argentina national team could happen in the next few hours. Edgardo Bauza, the coach, revealed as much when he arrived in Buenos Aires. Bauza says Messi has “a lot of enthusiasm” to get back to playing for his country, although he didn’t say much more. Upd. on 22/11/2016 at 03:06 CET 12/08/2016 Sport EN Messi quit the national team after the Copa America final defeat by Chile on penalties. Bauza arrived on Tuesday to speak with him in Barcelona.
The injury to Benjamin Mendy does not look good. The Manchester City left-back will travel to Barcelona this week to be seen by Ramon Cugat (Pep Guardiola’s trusted doctor), according to reports in England. IN SPORT.ES Manchester City confirm Mendy signing Upd. on 27/09/2017 at 00:07 CEST 26/09/2017 Pol Ballús Ramon Cugat will determine the extent of the injury and how to treat it. In the case that it’s ligament damage, Guardiola could be without one of his summer signings for a number of months — and the only natural left-back in the squad. The French defender got injured in the win over Crystal Palace at the weekend. He was able to leave the pitch on foot, but his condition in recent hours has prompted the club to seek an expert opinion. City are not optimistic about the player’s fitness and fear he could have done damage to the ligaments in his knee. RELATED STORIES Mendy viaja Barcelona para tratar su lesión de rodilla Mendy joined the Premier League side from Monaco for 57 million euros.
efe “I wanted to win things that I unfortunately couldn’t win if I stayed at Sevilla. We came close, but I don’t like to be just close. Six months before the transfer window opened I’d been told of Barça’s interest, and I said I’d like to play for them because of the fine history of Brazilians there, the greatness of the club and the style of football. 01/11/2017 The English team, who were managed by Rafa Benitez at the time, didn’t sign Alves and instead ending up with Jermaine Pennant and Alvaro Arbeloa. “Something similar happened later in my career with Chelsea and Real Madrid,” Alves added. “Of course, it all worked out happily for the Cules [Barcelona supporters] in the end, and also for me as I was able to write an amazing story at the Camp Nou instead.” IN SPORT.ES Alves, 34, is currently playing for Paris Saint-Germain and made the comment in an interview with FourFourTwo magazine’s December issue. Dani Alves, cerca del Liverpool “I pretty much had an agreement with Liverpool,” he explained. “But for whatever reason it didn’t happen at the last moment and I really don’t know why, as I wasn’t the one conducting the negotiations. I had other people representing me back then.” “So it was a successful union and I will always be grateful to Pep Guardiola, [director of football] Txiki Begiristain and [president] Joan Laporta, as they gave me the opportunity to become a big star.” Dani Alves has revealed that nearly a decade ago, when he was still at sevilla, he reached an agreement to sign Liverpool only for the deal not to go through at the last minute. Upd. at 19:41 CET
Advertisement 9iy8NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs1g0Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eu( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) btnWould you ever consider trying this?😱seCan your students do this? 🌚mcnRoller skating! Powered by Firework Tyson Fury insists he is ready to face Deontay Wilder after only two fights on the comeback trail. A media tour is expected early next month to confirm the details of the event, and according to Daily Telegraph, the fight will be on Nov 17 in Las Vegas.Advertisement In front of a 25,000-sellout crowd at Windsor Park, Fury shook off any ring rust and showed genuine focus for the task against a limited opponent.Advertisement Despite his out-of-the-ring problems, lay-off and lack of action against top-level opponents, the Manchester-based boxer feels ready for Wilder, who will make the eighth defense possibly on November 10 or 17 in Las Vegas.Fury, who weighed 18 stones 6 pounds for Pianeta (35-5-1, 21 KOs), plans on being 18 stones when he faces Wilder.Advertisement That said, both fighters are expected to earn upwards of £10 million each from the world title fight, which will be on pay-per-view on BT Sport, and televised in the US by Showtime.The winner of this fight will most probably fight Anthony Joshua in the biggest Heavyweight fight of this century. Advertisement
Advertisement 8fzNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vsp2wkWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ec8tz( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) fobWould you ever consider trying this?😱tmcCan your students do this? 🌚46rRoller skating! Powered by Firework The most popular basketball league in the world, The National Basketball Association is finally coming to India next year. The NBA team Sacramento Kings will play two preseason games against Indiana Pacers at the NSCI dome in Mumbai next October.Advertisement This is a big deal as it will be the first-ever American professional league sport to be staged in India.“We are thrilled to be one of the first two teams to play the first-ever game in India and proud to be part of the expanding NBA worldwide footprint of our game of basketball,” Pacers owner Herbert Simon said.Advertisement “Our inaugural NBA India Games will help further untap the enormous basketball potential in a country with a thriving sports culture and a growing, young and engaged population,” added commissioner Adam Silver. “We thank the Kings and Pacers organizations for participating in this historic event.”Advertisement The Sacramento Kings has an Indian-American majority owner Vivek Ranadive who was born in Mumbai and is also the chairman of the team.“As an Indian-American, it is an honour to help bring this historic moment to the country where I was raised,” Ranadive said in a statement.“The sport is experiencing tremendous growth in India and we are excited about continuing to expand the NBA’s reach to fans across the globe.“The world wants to watch basketball and India is a fast-growing new frontier.”Are you excited for first ever NBA preseason game to be hosted in Mumbai next year?Also Read:Michael Jordan enters the world of esports with mammoth $26 million foray Advertisement
Diego Godín cierra la puerta a regresar al Atlético Sequels are never good, apart from Terminator II. Diego Godin has ruled out any option of returning to Atletico Madrid, after speculation he might in recent weeks, and said he will stay at Inter Milan until the end of his contract. IN SPORT.ES Upd. at 19:12 Sport EN 03/05/2020 “I lived through my cycle at Atletico, it was the best of my sporting life. Without a doubt, at least until now. But my moment as an Atletico player has finished, I’ve turned the page. I’m living a new experience here at Inter. It’s different, I’m growing and learning new things. I won’t return to Atletico as a player, that’s for sure. In another role, who knows? We’ll see. And without a doubt I’ll keep being an Atletico fan forever.” CEST
(Back from left) Peter Davine, Harry Johnstone, Tom Portelli, Isaac Cann, Daniel Black-Otterspoor, David Cooper (coach). (Front from left) Daniel…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.